Watches have been vamped up because of modern day competition between companies where watches seem to offer more and more features in order to seem more appealing. But with these features comes a bulkier appearance, or watches that look so flashy they seem like they scream at passers-by.
But some people do not take a liking to flashy watches and instead prefer to keep things simple and low key, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t appreciate all the new features that come with modern day watch innovation. Citizen has created the perfect combination of simplicity and functionality with their eco-drive watch with its rugged design and solid steel face you would never guess just how much of a punch this watch can pack.
Citizen Men’s AT0200-05E Eco-Drive Watch Features
- Frame completely made of stainless steel for extra durability and versatility
- Black dial with contrasting illuminating white minute and hour hands and red second hand.
- Solid bold numbers.
- Japanese quartz movement
- Analog display
- Window made of mineral crystal keeps the eco-drive watch from getting scrapes and scratches.
- Date window for added convenience
- Three sub dials
- Buckle closure for easy putting on and removal. Buckle closure also ensures the perfect fit.
- Water resistant up to 330 feet.
- Solar powered. Uses the sun to charge and will never need batteries. One full charge can last 45 days without sunlight exposure.
Citizen Men’s AT0200-05E Eco-Drive Watch: Reviewed and Rated
The Citizen’s Eco-Drive watch adheres to military standards which state that the simpler the watch the better but still has enough features to warrant being a competitor in the business.
Satisfied customers who have tried and tested this watch have stated that tis light weight and substantially simpler alternative is just as good or even better than their flashier counterparts as features offer the convenience and effectivity that are needed on a day to day basis.
It has been said that even with the other feature-packed promises of other watches, said features ended up unused as only rarely would people use things like, compasses, barometers, or altimeters. The “less is more” statement the Citizen Eco-Drive watch makes is more than enough for complete satisfaction.
The best feature about this watch is that it will never need a battery change which doesn’t leave users guessing on when a battery might be low. Usually with battery operated watches, time slows down as an indication that the battery is close to dead which can be a real inconvenience. But this watch will never need batteries and instead only uses the sun.
- Hands illuminate which makes it easily readable at night. During the day, contrasting black, white and red colors also provide this same convenience.
- Light weight and simple, adheres to military standards.
- Extremely durable with its stainless steel frame and mineral crystal window.
- Accurate timer
- This watch may be waterproof but its band is made of canvass which could wear over time if constantly soaked and dried. Canvass bands also absorb sweat and have the potential to reek.
The Bottom Line
If you don’t like watches that scream out at anyone who sees them and if what you prefer is something simple that still doesn’t compromise on quality and functionality then the Citizen Men’s AT0200-05E Eco-Drive Watch is definitely for you. Check the price here